Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy New Year...3 months late

I know I know. I haven't been posting much these days. Life got crazy busy and then I got sick for like a month straight and now I'm finally feeling well enough to remember to do the things I said I was going to do. LOL Did that make sense?

Anyways, I'm gonna keep this one short but I'm really excited about 2010. God has shown me a lot over the last few months and I'm excited about the future. Here are a few things I've learned and seen:

1. "The Lord will provide." So true! He never leaves us hanging, he always provides our needs. He opened the doors to get me this job and I am learning so much about myself because of it.

2. I can achieve anything I want to. This isn't meant to sound cocky, but I never believed this statement until recently. The most successful people in the world do not get where they're at because they think they're mediocre, they set goals and strive to achieve them. What's more is they actually BELIEVE they can achieve them and don't stop until they do. I have the most powerful ally in the UNIVERSE, so why do I believe my life is meant to be mediocre. I'm over it! I have an achievable goal and I'm going for it, I believe God has led me to it, so who is there to stop me?! ALL things are possible through Christ.

3. I am not responsible for another person's relationship with God. It's okay to disagree and have different opinions, I am to be an ambassador of Christ and love on them. My business is not to condemn them but to love them and show how much they are loved. Grace.

4. I am meant to live on the coast and not in the mountains. This dry mountain air is no good for me! I have been sick, the winters keep me indoors and I now have a better understanding of cabin fever. Now I see why people get depressed in the winter, I've been miserable! I had dinner with my parents last week and my dad actually agreed with me, but I'm on God's time table & not my own. When the time is right I'll come back to SoCal, permanently.

5. God can only transform us if we let him, and it's always more painful to fight so why try?

6. Take action. In the words of a wise old Jedi, "DO! Or do not. There is no TRY." If I could erase one word from the English language it would be "try". To try is not to take action but to begin an action never to complete it. Because once you have done the thing you've done it! "Can" is almost similar, it implies desire but not action. "Yes We Can!" = "Oh no you didn't!" (The length of my political debate. ) "Yes We Will!" implies action is being taken. I challenge you to make it through a whole day without saying "try" or "can". It make take some rephrasing but I will bet your day will be affected by the actions you take.

7. Sleep is necessary and we should always make sure to get enough of it for our health. Which is why I am off to bed now to get a few hours sleep before the living alarm clock that is our dog comes to wake me up in the morning.

Remember how much you are loved this week; by those that surround you, think of you, pray for you and died for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment